Friday 22 January 2010

Laos part 2

So I left off in Vang Vieng. Apparently you can't leave that place unless you've tried tubing, which involves floating down a river in a tractor inner tube. Completely pissed. The start of the tubing course consists of various make shift bars plying free shots of the deadly Lao Lao whiskey, followed up with a bucket (literally a bucket like you'd take to the seaside) filled with cheap spirits and mixer. Each bar has its own variety of rope swing to get you back into the water. I tried one, it was a lot higher than the one I did in Luang Prabang but I'd asked for a life jacket (I can hardly swim) so I suppose I lost a bit of the thrill. The only other people wearing life jackets wear the Korean package tourists. A few tourists have died in recent years while doing the tubing however, and I bet any of them weren't Korean. Plenty of people are so drunk that they climb up to the rope swings, then miss the rope and just fall in, pretty dangerous when theres other people floating about below. I finished the day with a happy pizza - topped with a special ingredient (think Bob Marley). It was a mistake to eat the whole thing, I'm so greedy, I couldn't move or speak for the next 36 hours!

Sorry no pictures this time, it wasn't really the day for pictures. Also its time for beer, I've just met up with a fellar I met in Luang Prabang. Its cool to keep meeting up with people randomly, makes getting to know random people actually worthwhile.

Later dudes,
Rob

1 comment: