Monday 12 July 2010

Gyeongju



After an easy 1 hour bus ride (and cheap - 4000 won or about 2pound50) I was in Gyeongju. First impressions were of a run-down little town, and I think that was about right. Its a lot more basic than Busan, lets put it that way. The main reason for coming here was so I could learn a bit about Korean history and have a hike up a hill. There are various tombs dotted around (big hills covered in grass, we have the same in England), and thats about it for the central part of the city. Today I walked to Namsan, which is a mountainous, forested area known as an "open air museum" apparently. The hike was nice, especially after all the boozing I'd done on the weekend. There are various things dotted around the forest like carvings of Buddha in the cliff-faces and a couple of pagodas. There were a lot of dragonfly, and I saw a cool frog, brown with bright green patches on its back (I was to slow to get a photo before he disappeared).

Might go to visit another site tomorrow, or just get on the bus to Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment