Wednesday 16 December 2009

Sihanoukville to Ha Tien


I've made my way along the coast of Cambodia to Ha Tien, which is in Vietnam just after the border. Along the way I went to Kampot, which had a nice sunset over the river but not much else of note. Quite a dirty town, and loads of dogs - howling and barking all night. Next I went ot Kep, which is an old French resort, lots of crumbling villas overlooking the sea. I hooked up with someone I'd met in Kampot and we had a day on the Rabbit Island. To be honest there's not much to do in Kep apart from swim in the (murky) sea or swing in a hammock, but it was a cool way to pass three days. And a bit of a relief after some of the other places in Cambodia which were quite intense. We did eat some great crab in Kep, seafooded-out at the moment. Also I saw a vivid green preying mantis, just outside my hotel room (Kep Seaside Villa), which rocked.

I took a moto from Kep over the border to Ha Tien in Vietnam this morning. It took about an hour and cost $12. I was the only one crossing at that time (about 9.30AM) so I breezed through. Ha Tien is a quiet place, I'm taking the night bus to Ho Chi Minh city from here at 10PM, should get in about 5AM. Saves on paying for a room!

Til next time, I'm batman

No comments:

Post a Comment