Monday 10 May 2010

Another day another hostel

Hi, just a quicky again. I've just come from Kaikoura, which is on the west coast of the south island, about 2 hours north of Christchurch. Its a really nice place on the coast, I spent a week there just wandering around the shore and on the walk across the cliff-tops. There are lots of seals there lying around. I nearly walked into one on the first day, even though they are quite big they are well camoflauged against the rocks. You can smell them though!

I'm in a small town tonight called Motueka, staying in the YHA which is massive but seemingly dead. Its out of season for walking now - this is one of the main bases for people doing the Abel Tasman track, which I'm starting tomorrow. Its a long walk on the coast, and so far everyone I've met, tourist and kiwi alike, has told me how beautiful etc. it is. It will probably be the last hike I do on the south island before I go back to the north island and attempt the Tonganiru (Mt Doom) hike - hopefully the mountains won't be covered in snow by then.

Well, I'm okay, actually really relaxed. Been doing yoga everyday, I'm bendier than ever. Til next time!

ps I saw the film Kick-Ass in Kaikoura, it was great especially the mass-murdering little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment