Thursday 20 January 2011

Uni dream and twisting trouble

I haven't done much external travel recently, so I thought I'd write something about the internal.

I'm still searching for a job, and I've been thinking about going back to school to retrain (don't know what yet). Last night I dreamt that I was wandering around a university building, lost, being ignored by all the chatting young students while I bumbled in and out of darkened rooms. One room had various people standing as if at stations during an exam or workshop, some were in business suits, others looked like drug addicts, in scruffy clothes, shaking. Another room had a bar, where I didn't get a drink but left after a naked old man started dancing next to me. After this the dream changed, and I'm flying around this tower thing which has a platforms seemingly representing musical notes, a geometric guitar tune was playing.

This morning I did some yoga, ashtanga primary series, I went quite fast and felt energetic on the arm-working poses, but the twists (Marichyasana C+D) were bad, I could hardly turn around on the left side. About a month ago I was grabbing my wrist behind my back, interesting how that twist comes and goes even though I'm practicing quite consistently. Maybe I've put on some weight now I have access to food all day. The phrase, "you've got to get out more" is very applicable here.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to get out more I can lend you a bike for a few weeks. Good for mind and body, plus you can cover more distance than walking and develop a different muscle group

    ReplyDelete